Learn about our mountain bike experience
We are a team of dedicated bike enthusiasts with over 40 years of combined mountain bike shop experience. You can count on us to be honest and make well-informed recommendations based on your unique needs as a rider. Our goal is to make sure you have a positive experience on your mountain bike based on your level, experience and riding style.
Full-service mountain bike shop, for any and all riders
Heading into a mountain bike shop can feel intimidating, especially if your new to the sport or trying to get back into it after a hiatus. We take the time to get to know you and learn more about your riding goals – and we LOVE doing it.
A mountain bike shop that invests in the community
You need a solid mountain bike shop you can trust. And you need trails to ride. TrailWerks does both. In addition to running a full-service mountain bike shop we’ve been advocating and building trails at Bacon Ridge in Anne Arundel County for 5 years.
Our mountain bike shop founder
Our founder started in the bike industry in 1993 as a bike assembler in Ocean City, MD. Over the years Michael Klasmeier has worked inside and outside of the industry from Maryland to California:
- 5 years running the League of American Bicyclists education program
- working for a leading pedal manufacturer
- a successful 2007 bid for the national 24-hour race series
- daily bicycle commuting in various cities
- working for RockShox traveling the US to set up suspension
- starting a youth Earn a Bike program in DC
- training safety marshals at BikeDC
- 8 years leading trail maintenance days at Patapsco Valley State Park
- touring Northern Ireland
- riding road, fixie, downhill, enduro, cross-country, dirt jumps, pump track, mountain bike touring, tandem centuries, high-wheelers, fat bikes and attempting unicycle